MM is pleased to be partnering with City Harvest London to run zero-waste cooking classes, with 80% of proceeds from tickets helping City Harvest on their mission to save food from waste and provide meals to the hungry.
City Harvest, established 2014, is London’s first ‘last-mile’ food redistribution charity. Rescuing surplus food and delivering to those who need it the most, their chilled vans form rapid response units connecting waste and want, 7 days a week, throughout the capital.
Free of charge, City Harvest vans collect and deliver 80,000 meals a week from supermarkets, wholesale markets, manufacturers and the hospitality industry. Their trademark fleet of temperature-controlled vans delivers to over 300 London community programmes, including homeless shelters, mental health community projects, family centres, children’s programmes, and domestic abuse refuges.
The “Throw it… in the pan!” classes teach the secrets of great food, covering basic cooking techniques and focusing on a different technique each month. Participants learn how to transform surplus food into an impressive gourmet feast. MM’s Chef Gabriele shares top tips on how to easily eat in season and create zero-waste meals. At the end of the class, the group can taste the delicious food they’ve cooked up and are encouraged to bring their own food container to take away anything they don’t manage to eat.
City Harvest provides all the ingredients for the class so participants can rest assured that the food they are using to create delicious recipes has been saved from waste.
Click here to book one of our “Throw it…in the pan!” classes.
MM is inviting people, companies and policymakers across London, the UK and the world to join the movement to change food culture in the country. This is an open invitation for people who believe in:
Healthy, sustainable, living food made with rural, artisanal practices
Supply chains that prioritise quality over price and make good, healthy food available
The importance of community in cities across the world, starting with London
We are delighted to welcome you all back, with an array of international dishes from our food trading partners, fresh groceries and artisanal deli in our community markets, which have been expanded with new outdoor seating options.
The wellbeing of our guests and our team is always our priority, and at this time it is more important than ever. We have in place the necessary precautions to deal with the Covid-19 situation and keep our visitors safe. Here are the measures we are taking to ensure your visit is safe, including:
• Indoor and outdoor seatings which have been configured to maintain social distancing in line with Government’s guidelines.
• A reduced and limited number of guests temporarily allowed in our markets, with social distancing markings which are in place throughout the indoor and external areas.
• In compliance with the NHS “Test and Trace” system, we are keeping a temporary record of our visitors, to assist NHS with data requests if needed. Please rest assured that we do not use any personal detail collected for any other purpose and will destroy them safely after this NHS requirement ceases.
• Increased hygiene and cleaning of surfaces and restrooms.
• Hand sanitiser stations installed and easy to find around the markets.
While we handle the restrictions required to assist the NHS and the country during this uncertain time, we remain committed to providing all our visitors and citizens with a safe, enjoyable and unique MM experience. Stay tuned to our social media channels for updated opening hours.