A self-confessed Italophile, Betty has dedicated years of her life to learning Italian regional cuisines, and now runs FICO, a Mediterranean-inspired catering company.
Taking her culinary inspiration from living and cooking in Sicily, Bologna and northern Italy, Betty’s delicious food is seasonally focused, thoughtfully sourced and beautifully presented.
During her class at Mercato Metropolitano, Betty will guide you through crafting a Pugliese feast, inspired by her time cooking her way around Salento and the Itria Valley.
The menu will highlight the region’s outstanding vegetables, ancient grains, cheeses and world-class olive oil, while teaching you valuable techniques in pasta shaping and gelato churning! Dinner will be served on Betty’s range of Pugliese splatterware ceramics, designed with artisan potters from the region.*
Wednesday 25th March | MM’s Community Kitchen | 6-8.30pm
* Bring a container with you if you’d like to take home any left-over food!
Betty’s website: https://www.ficobybetty.com
Betty’s IG: https://www.instagram.com/fico_by_betty/
MM is inviting people, companies and policymakers across London, the UK and the world to join the movement to change food culture in the country. This is an open invitation for people who believe in:
Healthy, sustainable, living food made with rural, artisanal practices
Supply chains that prioritise quality over price and make good, healthy food available
The importance of community in cities across the world, starting with London
We are delighted to welcome you all back, with an array of international dishes from our food trading partners, fresh groceries and artisanal deli in our community markets, which have been expanded with new outdoor seating options.
The wellbeing of our guests and our team is always our priority, and at this time it is more important than ever. We have in place the necessary precautions to deal with the Covid-19 situation and keep our visitors safe. Here are the measures we are taking to ensure your visit is safe, including:
• Indoor and outdoor seatings which have been configured to maintain social distancing in line with Government’s guidelines.
• A reduced and limited number of guests temporarily allowed in our markets, with social distancing markings which are in place throughout the indoor and external areas.
• In compliance with the NHS “Test and Trace” system, we are keeping a temporary record of our visitors, to assist NHS with data requests if needed. Please rest assured that we do not use any personal detail collected for any other purpose and will destroy them safely after this NHS requirement ceases.
• Increased hygiene and cleaning of surfaces and restrooms.
• Hand sanitiser stations installed and easy to find around the markets.
While we handle the restrictions required to assist the NHS and the country during this uncertain time, we remain committed to providing all our visitors and citizens with a safe, enjoyable and unique MM experience. Stay tuned to our social media channels for updated opening hours.