MM is more than just a business; we are a movement of people committed to creating a truly sustainable and natural food value chain. Our MMarketplace is where selected food suppliers and our trading partners connect with our visitors to breathe life into healthy living that helps local communities grow strong together. MM brings diverse food practices and ingredients from different countries, cultures, and traditions into urban environments. We take a ‘Glocal’ approach: global reach with a local focus. While you will find dishes from around the world in our marketplace, we encourage the use of locally sourced, natural ingredients.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
We want our employees of today to be our leaders of tomorrow: people of all ages, colours, and creeds who embrace our ethos and values and are ready to become the biggest advocates of our sustainable, inclusive, and supportive business model. At MM, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world.
We are currently recruiting for a Maintenance Electrician to work in Mercato Metropolitano – London, the first sustainable community market with an Italian soul. It currently aggregates around 40 outstanding food and beverage artisans, a retail area, a highly curated cinema, a creative space, a sustainable brewery, three urban farms and a community kitchen. Mercato Metropolitano has three new London-based sites in development, which are expected to launch this year.
The HOP responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- As Maintenance Electrician you will be expected to support the maintenance operation in place on the site.
- You will provide a level of General Building Maintenance, including Mechanical, Electrical and Fabric, as part of a small multi-disciplinary building Service’s Team.
Some Duties Include:
Emergency Light Tests, Electrical Repairs, including lights, Fault finding, Temperature Control – (BMS), Filter Changes on all fan coil units/AHUs, Pump repairs, First response to incidents – leaks, power outage including critical supplies, Water Management – Flushing Routines, PAT Testing, Be able to work on their own and as part of a team, H&S focus – carrying out risk assessments / method statements, Ensure compliance (certificates online), IPAF, Keeping Statutory Log Books & records up to date, Stock Checks/Inventory & Time Management, Working to timescales and SLAs.
- Experience working in commercial building services
- City & Guilds Level 2/3 or equivalent
- Experience working within tenant areas of a commercial premises
Job Type: Full-time with varied hours
- Passion for sustainability and for who we are
- Strong commitment towards clean environment
- Amazing even planning skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work with constructive criticism
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including late evenings, weekends, and national holidays, when needed.
Day to day – Market Operations
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a quick video of what food means to you and why you want to work at MM (less than 3 minutes) to email@example.com. We will be in touch if you move on to our online interview. Check out our hiring process here!