MM is more than just a business; we are a movement of people committed to creating a truly sustainable and natural food value chain. Our MMarketplace is where selected food suppliers and our trading partners connect with our visitors to breathe life into healthy living that helps local communities grow strong together. MM brings diverse food practices and ingredients from different countries, cultures, and traditions into urban environments. We take a ‘Glocal’ approach: global reach with a local focus. While you will find dishes from around the world in our marketplace, we encourage the use of locally-sourced, natural ingredients.
MM seeks strategic and highly organized candidates for the role of Food Vendor Operations Manager (FVOM). The FVOM will manage MM’s Trading Partners (TP) from onboarding TPs, to food and safety regulations, and fostering an environment for TP and for customers that is reflective of MM’s values: sustainability and community. TP are the chef entrepreneurs that MM hosts and partners with to run the food stand or “shack” as MM calls them. Candidates will ideally bring experience in restaurant management, hospitality, food safety and compliance. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. Candidates should also possess a deep understanding and passion for entrepreneurship, food and grocery products, and an understanding of the food service industry.
The FVOM responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Trading Partner Operations and MM Standards
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to recommend and execute a shared vision for TP model.
- Update and maintain TP Operations Manual.
- Manage onboarding and maintenance related to MM’s TPs.
- Ensure all TPs complete Health and Food Safety training and due diligence.
- Support TP with branding, positioning, menu offerings, and food shack design.
Trading Partner Management and Hospitality
- Act as a liaison between the TPs and Operations and Leadership teams.
- Conduct weekly/monthly/annual check-ins with TP and report on sales and sustainability performance.
- Handle issues between TP; create a collaborative relationship between TPs.
- Work with TP to create a customer-friendly environment that is true to MM’s community values.
Trading Partner Sales and Marketing
- Assist TP with sales strategies that further MM’s agenda and drive revenue growth.
- Identify opportunities among TPs for storytelling and features that will increase sales.
- Collaborate with Operations and Marketing teams to optimize TP success: product/brand adjacency, market sustainability metrics.
- Create and implement the marketing calendar regarding TP launches.
- Develop storytelling skills that are important in enabling effective communication between interactions between TP and consumers.
- Conduct analyses of sales performance to report sales strategy successes, weaknesses, and opportunities to improve, with clear next steps for TP sales improvement and business profits.
- Monitor and observe the brand and make forecasts, identifying new trends ahead of the curve, hence, offering the business a competitive advantage and keeping it ahead of its competition in the market.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Integrity and a strong sense of fairness.
- Self-starter and an individual who enjoys working with a team.
- Ability to remain calm and lead under pressure and rapidly changing events.
- Collaborative partner.
- Energy, patience, humor, and optimism.
The FVOM is the liaison between the TPs and MM and sets the strategic vision for the market, is aligned with the Leadership team, and has a strong commitment to MM’s mission. Successful candidates will have a track record of team management, creating processes, ensuring a safe work environment, and being accountable for team performance.
The FVOM will be willing to work long hours that may exceed a 45-hour contract to manage the TP operations. As the manager of the TP, the FVOM will amplify MM’s community and sustainability impact through TP operations, sales, and customer service. The candidate must possess skills to work with diverse TP and be community oriented. The FVOM will work cooperatively with MM’s Head of Operations and MM’s Leadership Team, as well as be an advocate for the TP and be accountable for TP responsibilities. Candidates should have the ability to manage a group of entrepreneurs towards a unified direction and vision.
Operational and Strategic Oversight
The FVOM will be responsible for managing and safety and sustainability metrics for each TP to ensure they are meeting MM’s standards. A successful candidate will be an approachable individual who can form strong and long-lasting relationships on behalf of the MM with the ability to set and prioritize goals.
The FVOM will oversee the TPs and is responsible for each TP and their operations and must ensure the market is running smoothly. Candidates will have experience managing teams or entrepreneurs with solid knowledge of web analytics, Google Adwords, and experience with CRM software.
Additionally, an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred, but work experience will take primary consideration. 2-5 years of management experience within a fast-paced business environment is desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We want our employees of today to be our leaders of tomorrow: people of all ages, colours, and creeds who embrace our ethos and values and are ready to become the biggest advocates of our sustainable, inclusive, and supportive business model. At MM, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a quick video of what food means to you and why you want to work at MM (less than 3 minutes) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch if you move on to our online interview. Check out our hiring process here!