MM is more than just a business; we are a movement of people committed to creating a truly sustainable and natural food value chain. Our MMarketplace is where selected food suppliers and our trading partners connect with our visitors to breathe life into healthy living that helps local communities grow strong together. MM brings diverse food practices and ingredients from different countries, cultures, and traditions into urban environments. We take a ‘Glocal’ approach: global reach with a local focus. While you will find dishes from around the world in our marketplace, we encourage the use of locally sourced, natural ingredients.
MM seeks highly organized candidates for the role of Grocery Manager (GM). Candidates will ideally bring experience in teamwork, inventory management, and food safety compliance. The GM will have a track record of coordinating supply chains for a high volume of diverse grocery products, and coordinating a safe work environment. Reporting directly to the Head Grocer, the GM will oversee the success of MM’s supply chain and food safety procedures and will serve as a leader in the MM community. A successful candidate will have strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills. Candidates should also possess a deep understanding and passion for food products.
The GM responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Operate grocery store logistics, including procurement, shelving, expiration, and packaging, and delivery.
- Ensure all staff complete Health and Food Safety training and due diligence.
- Report maintenance issues and supply chain improvements to the Head Grocer.
- Assist with branding, positioning, and pricing strategies.
- Manage stock control and learn about MM’s SKUs, such as product origin and product value, both of which we relay to our customers.
- Collaborate with Operations and Marketing teams to optimize success and support sales growth.
- Execute marketing calendar regarding trading priorities inclusive of launches, promotions, exclusives, and campaign activities to maximize sales opportunities.
- Implement in store for promotion, storytelling, and features that will increase sales.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Integrity and a strong sense of fairness.
- Self-starter and an individual who enjoys working with a team.
- Ability to remain calm and lead under pressure and rapidly changing events.
- Collaborative partner.
- Energy, patience, humor, and optimism.
The GM will manage MM’s grocery retail and is responsible for efficient operations including cleanliness, safety, inventory, shelving, and hitting sales targets. The GM implements the strategic vision set by the Head of Operations and Chief Grocer for the grocery and has a strong commitment to MM’s mission.
As the logistical and food safety coordinator of the grocery, the GM will maintain MM’s sustainability standards with a focus on procuring and selling nutritious products. Candidates will need to coordinate a sustainable grocery store supply chain that meet MM’s standards. The GM will implement the grocery retail standard operating procedures set by the Chief Grocer and Head Grocer including safety, procurement, inventory, stocking, and delivery.
Organizational Skills and Time Management
The GM will be willing to work long hours that may exceed a 45-hour contract to achieve sales targets and coordinate a successful grocery. The candidate must possess skills to work a diverse team and be community oriented. The GM will work cooperatively with MM’s Head Grocer and should have the ability to keep the grocery functioning at an optimal capacity.
Candidates will have experience running successful sales and marketing campaigns with solid knowledge of web analytics, Google Adwords, and experience with CRM software. Additionally, an Associate’s degree is preferred, but work experience will take primary consideration. 2 years of working experience in-store operations, including from shelving to managerial experience within a fast-paced business environment is desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We want our employees of today to be our leaders of tomorrow: people of all ages, colours, and creeds who embrace our ethos and values and are ready to become the biggest advocates of our sustainable, inclusive, and supportive business model. At MM, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a quick video of what food means to you and why you want to work at MM (less than 3 minutes) to email@example.com. We will be in touch if you move on to our online interview. Check out our hiring process here!