MM is more than just a business; we are a movement of people committed to creating a truly sustainable and natural food value chain. Our MMarketplace is where selected food suppliers and our trading partners connect with our visitors to breathe life into healthy living that helps local communities grow strong together. MM brings diverse food practices and ingredients from different countries, cultures, and traditions into urban environments. We take a ‘Glocal’ approach: global reach with a local focus. While you will find dishes from around the world in our marketplace, we encourage the use of locally sourced, natural ingredients.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION (DEI)
We want our employees of today to be our leaders of tomorrow: people of all ages, colours, and creeds who embrace our ethos and values and are ready to become the biggest advocates of our sustainable, inclusive, and supportive business model. At MM, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world.
We are looking for a fantastic supervisor to manage our team and provide effective guidance. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis. As a supervisor, you will be the contact point for all team members, so your communication skills should be excellent. You should also be able to act proactively to ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Ultimately, you should lead by setting a good example and engage the team to achieve goals.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Set clear team goals
- Delegate tasks and set deadlines
- Oversee day-to-day operation
- Monitor team performance and report on metrics
- Motivate team members
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts
- Recognize high performance and reward accomplishments
- Encourage creativity and risk-taking
Day to day – Market Operations
- Assist the Site Manager and Assistant Site Manager in day to day floor operations.
- Supervise the floor ensuring that all policies and procedures dictated by the Site Manager are followed by all vendors and Mercato Metropolitano staff.
- Assist monitoring sanitary practices for food handling, general cleanliness, and maintenance throughout the Mercato Metropolitano site.
- Observe performance of traders and encourage improvement where necessary.
- Coordinate all service providers and consultants (electrician, maintenance, security, etc.).
- Supervise and coordinate Hospitality Team.
- Prepare closing reports and sales summaries.
- Act as fire marshals and first aid officer.
- Supervise cleanliness of whole Mercato Metropolitano site
- Passion for sustainability and for who we are
- Strong commitment towards food sustainability
- Strong commitment towards clean environment
- Amazing food knowledge
- Amazing even planning skills
- Understands the importance of community building and involvement in the local economy.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to work with constructive criticism
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including late evenings, weekends, and national holidays, when needed.
- Curiosity and willingness to keep on learning
- Excellent knowledge of slow food principles
- Developing and Tracking Budgets
- Process Improvement
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a quick video of what food means to you and why you want to work at MM (less than 3 minutes) to email@example.com. We will be in touch if you move on to our online interview. Check out our hiring process here!