An introduction to savoury bread making by our MM Head Baker Emilie through 3 specialties: the fougasse, garlic bread and cumin crisps.
A perfect workshop if you want to master a new cooking skill and impress your guests at dinner parties.
Sunday 8th March | MM’s Community Kitchen | 9.30am-12.30pm
Being Women’s Day, all profits from the tickets will be donated to a charity that works closely and passionately with women: Hestia.
Hestia supports adults and children in times of crisis. They deliver services across London and the surrounding regions, as well as campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect the people they work with.
Hestia’s refuges are a place of safety for any mother and child made homeless by domestic abuse. They also offer emotional and practical support and ensure that every service user has an up-to-date risk assessment and support plan tailored to their needs. In addition to refuge services, their Independent Domestic Violence Advocates (IDVA), Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conferences (MARAC) and floating support teams support. almost 2,300 people living in the community who are at high risk of violence and abuse. Across the UK almost one million children are affected by domestic abuse every year, either directly through their own experience or indirectly by witnessing violence. In Hestia’s refuges, every child will receive dedicated support from a Children and Family Worker.
MM is inviting people, companies and policymakers across London, the UK and the world to join the movement to change food culture in the country. This is an open invitation for people who believe in:
Healthy, sustainable, living food made with rural, artisanal practices
Supply chains that prioritise quality over price and make good, healthy food available
The importance of community in cities across the world, starting with London
We are delighted to welcome you all back, with an array of international dishes from our food trading partners, fresh groceries and artisanal deli in our community markets, which have been expanded with new outdoor seating options.
The wellbeing of our guests and our team is always our priority, and at this time it is more important than ever. We have in place the necessary precautions to deal with the Covid-19 situation and keep our visitors safe. Here are the measures we are taking to ensure your visit is safe, including:
• Indoor and outdoor seatings which have been configured to maintain social distancing in line with Government’s guidelines.
• A reduced and limited number of guests temporarily allowed in our markets, with social distancing markings which are in place throughout the indoor and external areas.
• In compliance with the NHS “Test and Trace” system, we are keeping a temporary record of our visitors, to assist NHS with data requests if needed. Please rest assured that we do not use any personal detail collected for any other purpose and will destroy them safely after this NHS requirement ceases.
• Increased hygiene and cleaning of surfaces and restrooms.
• Hand sanitiser stations installed and easy to find around the markets.
While we handle the restrictions required to assist the NHS and the country during this uncertain time, we remain committed to providing all our visitors and citizens with a safe, enjoyable and unique MM experience. Stay tuned to our social media channels for updated opening hours.