City Harvest in collaboration with Mercato Metropolitano are happy to present “Throw it…in the pan!”.
Learn the secrets of great food, by mastering basic cooking techniques, each month focusing on a different technique.
We will show you how to transform any surplus food into an impressive gourmet feast. Understand how to easily eat in season, create zero waste meals and celebrate food.
Join us for a fun class and learn how to prepare delicious meals.
At the end of the class you will taste the recipes but bring your own food container to take away anything you don’t manage to eat.
Please be aware that 80% of ticket sales will be donated to City Harvest to help them on their mission to save food from waste and provide meals to the hungry.
There are three cookery classes planned:
1) February – Turn Winter into Spring – 18th February, 6.30-8.30pm
We associate winter veg/produce with warm cosy nights in, but looking to spring we will see how to create lighter dishes with this produce.
2) March – Homemade Pasta & Tomato Sauce – 18th March, 6.30-8.30pm
Learn how to easily make your own fresh pasta and use up tomatoes making a beautiful tomato sauce.
3) April – Zerowaste Cheesecake – 22nd April, 6.30-8.30pm
Impress friends with this beautiful desert that can be adapted and ‘dressed up or down’ to suit any occaision.
About City Harvest
City Harvest, established 2014, London’s first ‘last-mile’ food redistribution charity. Rescuing food surplus and delivering to those who need it the most, chilled vans form rapid response units connecting waste and want, 7 days a week throughout the capital.
Free of charge, City Harvest vans collect and deliver 80,000 meals a week from supermarkets, wholesale markets, manufacturers and the hospitality industry. Our trademark fleet of temperature-controlled vans deliver to over 300 London community programmes, including: homeless shelters, mental health community projects, family centres, childrens’ programmes, and domestic abuse refuges.
– The event will take place in our Community Kitchen in Mercato Metropolitano E&C.
– Class duration of 2 hours.
– This class is suitable for vegetarian, vegan and carnivores
– We reserve the right to cancel the event at any time; in the rare eventuality this should happen you will receive a full refund.
– Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives.
– Minimum number for the class to take place: 8.
– A maximum number of available tickets: 16.
– You can buy a package of three classes
MM is inviting people, companies and policymakers across London, the UK and the world to join the movement to change food culture in the country. This is an open invitation for people who believe in:
Healthy, sustainable, living food made with rural, artisanal practices
Supply chains that prioritise quality over price and make good, healthy food available
The importance of community in cities across the world, starting with London