MM is more than just a business; we are a movement of people committed to creating a truly sustainable and natural food value chain. Our MMarketplace is where selected food suppliers and our trading partners connect with our visitors to breathe life into healthy living that helps local communities grow strong together. MM brings diverse food practices and ingredients from different countries, cultures, and traditions into urban environments. We take a ‘Glocal’ approach: global reach with a local focus. While you will find dishes from around the world in our marketplace, we encourage the use of locally sourced, natural ingredients.
MM seeks strategic and organized candidates for the role of Warehouse and Logistics Manager (WLM). Candidates will ideally bring experience in teamwork, inventory management, wine licensing, and compliance. The WLM will have a track record of operating warehouses with a high volume of diverse grocery products, ensuring a safe work environment and being accountable for team performance. Reporting directly to the Head of Operations, the WLM will oversee the success of MM’s warehouse and import and export operations as well as product logistics. A successful candidate will have strong organization, interpersonal, and communication skills. Candidates should also possess a deep understanding and passion for wine and food products.
The WLM responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Import and Export Operations
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day day warehouse operations and delivering leading class warehouse operational efficiency.
- Import and export products including European wine, Italian food, produce and meats.
- Acquire licensing and manage all licensing requirements and projects to import wine within EU.
- Procure new brands, specifically new wines, in coordination with the sales team and product launches.
- Report import and export challenges and manage with the facilities team.
- Collaborate with Operations and Marketing teams to optimize success and support sales growth.
- Will oversee production facility that will receive, put away, and replenish wine cases plus sales/deliveries.
- Manage stock inventory and coordinate inventory management across teams.
- Manage stock control and learn about MM’s SKUs, such as product origin and product value, both of which we relay to our customers.
- Commitment to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Organization and project management as a strength.
- Integrity and a strong sense of fairness.
- Self-starter and an individual who enjoys working with a team.
- Ability to remain calm and lead under pressure and rapidly changing events.
- Collaborative partner.
- Energy, patience, humor, and optimism.
The WLM will manage MM’s imports and exports with a focus on wine. The WLM is responsible for efficient and safe product operations and logistics including licensing, inventory, stocking, and delivery. The WLM implements tasks and metrics set by the Head of Operations and has a strong commitment to MM’s mission.
This hands-on position will be responsible for managing the day to day operation at the MM warehouse facility. This includes product receiving, product organization, labor planning, equipment and fleet maintenance and delivery routing. Previous wine import and distribution experience is preferred.
WLM is responsible for every component of the import and export process and must ensure the store is running smoothly, from scheduling to a high-level vision or hiring and growing their team. As the operational coordinator of the warehouse, the WLM will maintain MM’s sustainability standards with a focus on procuring food and drink products.
The WLM will be willing to work long hours that may exceed a 45-hour contract. The candidate must possess skills to work a diverse team and be community oriented. The WLM will work cooperatively with MM’s Head of Operations should have the ability to keep the warehouse functioning at an optimal capacity.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in warehouse/distribution management, excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Additionally, an Associate’s degree is preferred, but work experience will take primary consideration. Candidates should have 2-5 years of experience in warehouse supervision. Warehouse Management Systems experience within a fast-paced business environment is desired.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
We want our employees of today to be our leaders of tomorrow: people of all ages, colours, and creeds who embrace our ethos and values and are ready to become the biggest advocates of our sustainable, inclusive, and supportive business model. At MM, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and in the world.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV and a quick video of what food means to you and why you want to work at MM (less than 3 minutes) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch if you move on to our online interview. Check out our hiring process here!