City Harvest in collaboration with Mercato Metropolitano are happy to present “Throw it…in the pan!”.
Learn the secrets of great food, by mastering basic cooking techniques, each month focusing on a different technique.
We will show you how to transform any surplus food into an impressive gourmet feast. Understand how to easily eat in season, create zero waste meals and celebrate food.
Join us for a fun class and learn how to prepare delicious meals.
At the end of the class you will taste the recipes but bring your own food container to take away anything you don’t manage to eat.
Please be aware that 80% of ticket sales will be donated to City Harvest to help them on their mission to save food from waste and provide meals to the hungry.
This Cookery Class:
Homemade Pasta & Tomato Sauce – 18th March, 6.30-8.30pm
Learn how to easily make your own fresh pasta and use up tomatoes making a beautiful tomato sauce.
About City Harvest
City Harvest, established 2014, London’s first ‘last-mile’ food redistribution charity. Rescuing food surplus and delivering to those who need it the most, chilled vans form rapid response units connecting waste and want, 7 days a week throughout the capital.
Free of charge, City Harvest vans collect and deliver 80,000 meals a week from supermarkets, wholesale markets, manufacturers and the hospitality industry. Our trademark fleet of temperature-controlled vans deliver to over 300 London community programmes, including: homeless shelters, mental health community projects, family centres, childrens’ programmes, and domestic abuse refuges.
– The event will take place in our Community Kitchen in Mercato Metropolitano E&C.
– Class duration of 2 hours.
– This class is suitable for vegetarian, vegan and carnivores
– We reserve the right to cancel the event at any time; in the rare eventuality this should happen you will receive a full refund.
– Tickets cannot be exchanged for cash alternatives.
– Minimum number for the class to take place: 8.
– A maximum number of available tickets: 16.
– You can buy a package of three classes
MM is inviting people, companies and policymakers across London, the UK and the world to join the movement to change food culture in the country. This is an open invitation for people who believe in:
Healthy, sustainable, living food made with rural, artisanal practices
Supply chains that prioritise quality over price and make good, healthy food available
The importance of community in cities across the world, starting with London
We are delighted to welcome you all back, with an array of international dishes from our food trading partners, fresh groceries and artisanal deli in our community markets, which have been expanded with new outdoor seating options.
The wellbeing of our guests and our team is always our priority, and at this time it is more important than ever. We have in place the necessary precautions to deal with the Covid-19 situation and keep our visitors safe. Here are the measures we are taking to ensure your visit is safe, including:
• Indoor and outdoor seatings which have been configured to maintain social distancing in line with Government’s guidelines.
• A reduced and limited number of guests temporarily allowed in our markets, with social distancing markings which are in place throughout the indoor and external areas.
• In compliance with the NHS “Test and Trace” system, we are keeping a temporary record of our visitors, to assist NHS with data requests if needed. Please rest assured that we do not use any personal detail collected for any other purpose and will destroy them safely after this NHS requirement ceases.
• Increased hygiene and cleaning of surfaces and restrooms.
• Hand sanitiser stations installed and easy to find around the markets.
While we handle the restrictions required to assist the NHS and the country during this uncertain time, we remain committed to providing all our visitors and citizens with a safe, enjoyable and unique MM experience. Stay tuned to our social media channels for updated opening hours.